It is getting close to the end of the year. You only got 2 more weeks of 2013, but Christmas is right around the corner and there is no more room in the budget for some new hair purchase at the local beauty supply store. Do you switch to synthetic, or do you find a way to revive that human hair weave or wig for one last go? Enter bleach bath.
Bleach bathing human hair can be great way to stretch its life just a few weeks longer. It is a process that involves the use of two household chemicals: bleach and ammonia. It is suggested that you use new bleach for better results and perform the following steps in a well ventilated area.
- Fill up a large bowl with one gallon of hot tap water.
- Add 1/4 cup of bleach to the hot water bowl.
- Fill up another large bowl with one gallon of warm water.
- Add shampoo and conditioner to the warm water bowl.
- For 2-3 minutes, place the hair in the bleach bowl and begin detangling it with a wide tooth comb.
- At the end of 3 minutes, remove the hair from the bleach bowl and place in the shampoo and conditioner bowl.
- Pour out the bleach bowl and refill with one gallon of hot tap water.
- Add 1/4 cup of ammonia to the hot water bowl.
- Remove the hair from the shampoo and conditioner bowl and dip it 2-3 times in the ammonia bowl.
- Place it back into the shampoo and conditioner bowl.
- Pour out the ammonia bowl.
- Squeeze out excess water from the hair.
- Apply a deep conditioner to the hair and place inside a plastic bag for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse hair and air dry.
For more, please see sexibeach1's YouTube video below.
Have a Happy 13th and Blessed weekend!